You guys, this cake is just so easy, but everyone loves it! My son will eat an entire casserole dish full in a day! I made it when some family came recently and nobody could believe how easy it is, and my Niece threatened to eat the whole pan! (She didn’t because I always have so much food she was stuffed.) I made two that time because they came for a family reunion, so I made one to eat and one to take. Multiple people asked for the recipe.
I’ll be honest, it’s not the most impressive to look at, a photo just wouldn’t do it justice, but trust me, it’s GOOD.
PLUS- costs less than $5 to make if you shop at Aldi, and not much more than that if you shop elsewhere!
Here’s the recipe, so simple I’ll use bullet points.
- 1 box standard yellow cake mix (just the mix, none of the ingredients it calls for. I use a gluten free mix.)
- 1 can of pumpkin (NOT pie filling, just plain ol pumpkin)
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- Mix those three together well. If you want add nuts or nutmeg.
- Pour in a dish (I use a 9×13 or similar)
- Bake (If you’re not sure, just following the baking instructions on the box.)
- Done. If you want, I sometimes do top it with cream cheese frosting.
BAM! Three ingredients. Super easy. Super good. Cheap.