Wait- Isn’t there a scary movie that says something like that???
Anyway, You guys, I AM BACK!
Do you know what is THE WORST? A craft funk. You know what is even worse than a standard craft funk? A craft funk at a time when you are trying to run a craft website. Especially when you are not particularly enjoying running the website anyway.
Here’s the thing- I have been blogging in one form or another for more than 20 years! Since before it was even called blogging. Way back when I started you coded with html, popped a visitor counter on your page and marveled that people saw your stuff. Now it’s a push for sponsors, going viral, bring pinterest perfect, and social media. So, SO much social media. Every blog post that takes about 30 minutes to write turns into about 5-6 hours worth of work. You guys, I HATE it. I hate it so much. I just want to make stuff, talk to you about it like the friends you are, and move on to making more stuff and talking about it.
So, that’s what I am gonna do. I’m gonna post when I feel like it, talk about whatever I want to talk about, ask you about your day, and the “business of blogging” can, quite frankly, go screw itself.
Before I get any haters, if you LIKE the business of blogging, and that is your deal, great. Good for you. Live your best life. It just isn’t for me. You love what you love and I support that.
So what have I been up to? Oh so much. Not really crafty per say, but so much.
Here’s some bullet points to update you so that I can start just talking in future posts and you’ll have some clue what I’m talking about.
- I got a job! Like a JOB Job. Part-time, flexible hours. More craft money, less craft time. I usually work with my kid in the morning, and then go to work after lunchish.
- I left the homeschool facility I was at. LONG story short it wasn’t a good fit, and I went off on my own, which had been the plan for years anyway. So I run a homeschool center now and we meet once a week and do online stuff too.
- My son spent most of the summer sick with a mystery stomach thing, which still isn’t figured out or better, and then as if that wasn’t enough he broke his arm! His growth plate to be precise. Considering he is only 12 years old and 5’10.5″ this is very worrying to me, despite the doctor saying it is fine.
- I’m getting a knitting machine!!!! Been thinking on it for awhile and after a story (better told in it’s own post, probably when I debut my new machine) I found one. I pick it up one day soon because it currently lives an hour and a half away.
- I officially got my ADHD diagnosed. After more than 20 years of knowing I had it, I now KNOW I have it. Trying meds, and you guys, meds are awesome! Some trial and error, and never self-medicate, but if you’ve been debating getting diagnosed, do it.
- Can’t really think of ANY craft projects I have finished. None. I’m sure there are some, but…. Oh wait! Yes!! I made some dolls and toys!
SO that’s that! Stay tuned for posts when I post, and tell me about you!! What have you been up to?!!?!