- Born in 1983, probably should have been ’63
- True lover of the 70’s color avocado green
- Cannot pass a mirror without making funny faces and before recording any video does a take with weird faces and odd movies lines.
- Does not care about “beauty” at all, doesn’t even own mascara or a lipgloss
- Loves tacos and sushi
- Possibly a little TO Goofy and thinks humor is the answer to everything
- Loves cast iron and wooden spoons
- Known to frequent various thrift stores
- Loves Books. Quite likely will die in an avalanche of antique and vintage books and magazines
- Truly loves to see other people happy, and to inspire them to create
About Me AND This Site
I am a crafty person, I have been my whole life. I have been a poor broke crafter in the middle of nowhere, nothing but a Walmart 15 minutes away. I have been a middle-class crafter in the suburbs with multiple craft stores within 3 miles. I craft because I have to. I truly get downright dingy and awful feeling if I don’t. I’ve been crafting since probably diapers. I change crafts a lot because I get bored and most likely have some pretty bad ADHD. I am not a “slow crafter” to me it isn’t about the purpose behind making, it is about making something so I don’t go crazy.
Besides the constant making of stuff, I also homeschool my son and am very actively involved with the local homeschool community. I admin a state facebook group for it and even run a small group focused on social activities and fun events. Besides this site, I’m a Homemaker/Family Manager. I’m happily married to a man who mostly deals with my countless UFOs (UnFinished Objects) and the crafty clutter. Maybe it’s just because I make a mean dinner, or maybe because we’ve been together so long he just doesn’t know what to do without me. All of this will come up here on the site. I believe in being real, and why do you need to know what I craft if you don’t know what I’m going through to need the sanity-saving power of it??
My Workbasket is ultimately about crafting, BUT it’s a bit different in that my focus on inspiring people to BE crafty and creative. I believe strongly in the power of arts and crafts, and want crafting to be attainable to EVERYONE. I try to feature crafts that are cheap, and easy, as well as crafts that are more detailed and require more experience. I truly believe that crafting can be the best thing for mental health and don’t want anything to hold someone back. I did a video about my feelings about the power of crafts!
If you’d like to contact me then I’d like to hear from you! Drop me an email at Alicia@myworkbasket.com